Thursday 11 August 2016

Trio of Flamingos

Good afternoon! 

I hope you enjoyed my last couple of posts on my July card class.  My next couple of posts are going to be about the card my ladies made at my recent card class in August. The theme for this class was Flamingos and Pineapples. You can't have failed to spot that they are everywhere this summer, and when I first read through the Annual Catalogue back in Telford I wasn't too sure about the new trend. But after using the two stamp sets "Pop of Paradise" and "Pineapple" I love them! 

The first card that I'm sharing from the class was created with the Pop of Paradise stamp. I thought I'd try to teach my ladies a new technique called "masking". This is where you stamp an image, and then mask out the area where you have just stamped, using scrap paper (post it notes always work well) and then stamp the same image in a different place. The scrap paper hides the original image so it's not stamped on twice. I did this on the card blank using the Flamingo stamp, and stamped off the ink each time to get a lighter shade of Melon Mambo ink. 

 

The Flamingos were mounted on a piece of DSP from Pop of Pink, and then onto a Basic Black card blank.

  
 

We also used a technique called "Embossed Resist". The sentiment image Thinking of You was stamped in Versamark Ink onto Whispee White and then Whisper White embossing powder was applied. The heat gun was used to set the powder. Melon Mambo ink was then rubbed onto the image using the sponge. The heart image was then cut out using the paper snips. 

 

Lastly, a piece of the gold thread was wrapped around the top corner in a spiral, and then the heart was fixed to the card using the Dimensionals. A couple of sequins from the Gold Sequin Trim were fixed to the card to add a bit of bling!

This card was cased from a lady called Emily Campbell and her blog can be found at http://tinykiwicards.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/onstage-auckland-2016.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments