Sunday 7 August 2016

Swirly Birds Kite Card

Good evening, 

I hope you're all keeping well. I can't remember the last time I wrote a blog post without apologising for not posting very often! Hopefully I should be posting more regularly now that I have moved house. There's still loads to do but I do manage to fit in some crafting so that's nice. I have also started classes again, at Ossett Arts, in Ossett Town Hall, Wakefield, West Yorkshire. They are monthly at the moment, usually on the first Wednesday of the month, at 19:00. 

I try to use one main stamp set or product at each of my classes and the first class I ran in August was based around the Swirly Birds stamp set and Swirly Scribbles Thinlits dies. I love this set more than I thought I would when I saw it in the catalogue initially. Pinterest is full of ideas and there's so many different ways the use the set.

The first card I'm sharing with you is a kite card made with the Swirly Birds stamps.  The colour combo for this card is Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo and Pool Party. 

I used the Tree Builder Punch to punch out a cloud shape, and used this as a mask with the Stampin' Spritzer and Pool Party ink refill to create the sky background. The sentiment is from Thoughtful Banners and comes with a co-ordinating punch called Duet Banner. 

 

I love the paint splatter stamp that is included in this set. It was stamped once, and then again in a slightly different position without putting it back on the ink pad so there was a lighter image. 

 

You can just see the Wink of Stella glitter on the kite and bows. 

 

I cased this card from Pinterest from a lady called Marisa Gun http://dzinesbymeg.typepad.com/dzines_by_meg/2016/06/osat-blog-hop-summer-lovin.html

I hope you like it, the ladies at my class certainly did. 

I'll be posting another two cards that we made at the class over the next few days so keep your eyes peeled x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments