Tuesday 21 May 2013

Wow wedding card

Morning,

This is a blog post that I nearly forgot to write! I thought I'd written it then realised I'd just shared the pictures on my Facebook business page (click here to "Like" if you don't follow me already!).

I made this fancy card a few weeks ago, for a colleague of mine, Richard, who had got married abroad to his partner Maz, and had a big party back here for their family, friends and colleagues.  I knew the theme was bright and colourful, so I decided to use the Patio Party papers to make the card.  I hadn't done any crafting for a while, so decided to make a fancy card that would have a "wow" factor!  Richard came to find me at work a few days ago to ask where I got the card from, and I said that I had made it myself.  He said that it had pride of place in the centre of their cards (maybe I'll ask him to take a photo for me so I can add it to this post) and I was really chuffed.  I love making cards and gifts for people, and am so pleased when they appreciate them too.

The picture below shows the card folded up, with the band around the middle tied with the Stitched Satin Ribbon.


The card is made from a 12" x 12" sheet of card stock.  Using the Simply Scored Board, a series of vertical, horizontal and diagonal lines are scored, and then the card is folded up.  The Patio Party papers were cut into triangles and arranged so that they looked nice when the card was flat as well as folded up. 


Here you can see the card folded slightly.  Papers have been placed on the inside and the outside of the card.

Here's a photo showing the inside of the card.  The bunting has been punched out with the Petite Pennants Builder Punch, and the pinwheel has been made with the Big Shot and the Pinwheel die.  The sentiments have been stamped in Baja Breeze and Primrose Petals, and are from the Sweet Essentials stamp set. 


Here's a close up of the pinwheel.  A Mini Brad has been placed though the middle, and attached to the card with Dimensionals.


A strip of the 12" white card stock was cut with a strip of the Patio Party papers, and is known as a "belly band".  The ribbon was attached underneath and when tied, holds the card flat.  A ruffled flower was punched out using the Blossom Punch, the card was wetted and scrunched.  Once it dried, the flowers were unfolded and an Antique Brad was placed through the middle.


You can see the detail on the Stitched Satin Ribbon here. 


I've made a few more of these cards recently, they're only half finished though! I've been trying to use up my papers and especially the retired papers from previous catalogues.  I'll be sharing them soon once I finish them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments